Active Kids is a program to help NSW families meet the cost of getting their kids into sports and active fitness and recreation activities.
It is a voucher scheme and parents must apply for a voucher with Service NSW (i.e. not from NER). Children (4.5 – 18 years old) enrolled in school from Kindergarten to Year 12 may be eligible for an Active Kids Voucher. This includes those who are home-schooled or enrolled in secondary school education at TAFE NSW. Each voucher can only be redeemed for one sport or activity.
North Epping Rangers is a registered provider and you can use your voucher as a discount on football or netball registrations with us.
For registrations, obtain the Voucher Code first from Service NSW, then head back to the NER Registration Page for football or netball to register. At the invoice screen, you will see the option to enter your Active Kids Voucher Code. The system will automatically validate the code and deduct your discount from the total.
- Parents apply for the Voucher Code via Service NSW Website
- Player registers via the NER registration page for either football or netball
- At the Invoice screen, there will be messaging for parents to enter their Voucher Code
- The system will automatically check the validity of that code and where approved, the invoice
will automatically deduct the voucher value.
- Service NSW will provide the Club with $100 for each eligible code entered by players registered to their Club.
- Where the code entered by the parent is not valid, the parent will only be able to make payment for the FULL Registration Fee.
Players will not be fully registered until the Active Kids Voucher Code is submitted and approved (or the additional voucher value is otherwise paid).
There is a specific support centre in place for the Active Kids Voucher Program and this will be managed by Service NSW and/or Office of Sport. Any questions or queries in specific relation to the eligibility of a child for the Active Kids Voucher Program will need to be directed to the Service NSW or Office of Sport Support centre.
Note that each Active Kids Voucher can only be used for one sport. It can NOT be exchanged for cash under any circumstances. If you cancel your player registration with us, we can only refund the remaining part of your registration and not the voucher value. However, if you transfer to another club we will transfer the voucher value to the other club. We are legally prohibited from refunding the voucher as cash.